Each week Frugal Family will feature great deals on local products, services, tickets, meals or anything else that reaps savings for families. This week we searched the area for savings on gym memberships and other means of getting in shape for the summer. Slow sales at this time of year often spell big savings for those willing to take advantage.
Note: Check with the vendor for additional conditions that may apply.
UPPER MAIN LINE YMCA
• Deal: Get a free YMCA membership for all in-bound 7th grade students, good through the end of August.
Good through: Wednesday, August 31
• Deal #1: Get up to 50 percent off on floor models: treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and more from brands such as LifeFitness, Precor and Diamondback.
• Deal #2: Get 20 percent off entire stock of dumbbells and Pilates accessories.
Good through: A limited time.
• Deal #1: Get free reciprocal use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations plus unlimited guest privileges, tanning and personal training for $19.99 per month with no initiation fee.
• Deal #2: Get use of the Broomall Planet Fitness location plus unlimited personal training for a low $59 initiation fee and only $10 per month.
Good through: Wednesday, June 29