Radnor Weekend: Free Shredding Event, Sitter 'Speed Dating'
What's going on in and around Radnor this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these local events.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Assumption Preschool and Kindergarden, 135 Fairfield Lane,Wayne
- Why Go: Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please visit their website.
- When: Friday, Jan. 25 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Academy of Notre Dame de Namur, The Mansion
- Why Go: Come out for the preview cocktail party with the artists on Friday night at the Academy of Notre Dame. If you miss the cocktail reception, the exhibit will be open to the public free of charge from Saturday, Jan. 26 through February 2 from Noon - 4 daily. The show traditionally features a variety of mediums including paintings in oil, acrylic and watercolor, pastels, glasswork, stoneware, woodwork, mixed media and forged iron sculptures.
- Cost: $45 per person, $50 at door
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Penn Liberty Bank 724 W Lancaster Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: This is a free community shred event. Bring up to three boxes of paper to get shredded and watch with your own eyes as it all gets destroyed before getting recycled. The truck will be at the Wayne branch from 9am-1pm rain or shine. For more information or questions please call 610-535-4580.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Where: Valley Forge Educational Services 1777 N Valley Rd, Malvern
- Why Go: Members of the community are invited to come learn about regional summer programs and camps that support youth who learn differently. Year-round programming and community resources will also be represented. For more information contact Holly Zipperer, Director of Summer Programs & Ancillary Services at: 610-296-6725 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Snow date: February 2.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Duportail House, 297 Adams Dr, Chesterbrook
- Why Go: If you or someone you know is planning a wedding or special event, then make sure to check out this weekends open house and brunch at the Duportail House. Enjoy Creative Brunch Offerings presented by Herb Scott Catering while sipping a specialty cocktail and enjoying a informal fashion show while touring the beautiful Duportail House and its landscaped grounds. Also, meet some other wonderful event professionals while you're there.
- Cost: Free, Please rsvp on Facebook so caterer knows how much food to make.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Club La Maison 215 Sugartown Rd, Wayne
- Why Go: Come out for the Winter Open House featuring fitness and fun for the entire family. Activities include Group Exercise Classes, Small Group Training Demos, Massages, MindBody Classes, moon bounce for the kids, jungle john, crafts, swim lessons, face painting and more. Food and refreshments served all day.
- Cost: Free