Have you ever wanted to give a gift with some local flair, but had a hard time knowing what to get? It's a common problem we hear from new customers at the store. Whether it's a souvenir or a gift for a dedicated Philadelphian, many people want to find something they could only get in our area. If you have found yourself struggling for ideas in this department, read on. I've come up with a brief list of Philadelphia and Main Line related items available at Flag Lady Gifts.
• Landmarks on a Christmas decoration: Philadelphia Landmarks Ornament — This is a beautiful hand-painted ornament that's only available at our store. It features some of the most iconic landmarks of Philadelphia, including the Liberty Bell, the Art Museum, Independence Hall, Boathouse Row, and the LOVE sculpture. It's available for pre-order and will be arriving in mid-November.
• Landmarks on plates and tea towels: Philadelphia Platters and Towels, Main Line Platters and Towels — In a similar vein, we also exclusively carry two locally-themed square platters, one with Philadelphia landmarks and one with Main Line train stations and a decorative train. These same designs are available on accompanying tea towels.
• Local cookbooks: Main Line Classics I, Main Line Classics II, Main Line Entertains, Appetizers at Devon — The first volume of this cookbook series was so popular, they kept going. We have four different collections of favorite Main Line recipes, compiled by the Saturday Club and the Devon Horse Show.
• Historical figurines: Colonial Philadelphia Byers' Carolers — You might consider all the Byers' Choice Carolers to be Philadelphia-related, since they're handmade in Bucks County. But these Colonial Carolers in particular call to mind Old Philadelphia during the Revolution.
• Flags with Philadelphian origins: Betsy Ross flags, Gadsden Rattlesnake flags, City of Philadelphia flags — For the history buffs, try one of the historical flags in our flag shop that originated in Old Philadelphia. The 13-star Betsy Ross flag is a classic, and the Gadsden "Don't Tread On Me" flag has a rare revolutionary appeal. We also carry the official flag of the city of Philadelphia. Bet you didn't know what it looked like.
• Philly sports teams (Phillies, Eagles, Flyers) on neckties, flags, Tervis Tumblers, Sportulas — Always a good bet for the Philadelphia sports fan in your life, but not as predictable as a jersey. Tervis Tumblers are a great line of beverage containers that keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold, while Sportulas are grilling spatulas with team logos (or any logo, really) instead of plain rectangular holes. Our team lawn flags are always popular, and team neckties can be worn in-season or off.
That should be enough to get you thinking about gift ideas for the special Philadelphian or Main Liner in your life. For instance, you could send a Main Line cookbook to a homesick former resident, or commemorate a friend's big move to Philadelphia with the landmarks ornament. As for happy current Philadelphians, any of the above ideas would make fabulous gifts.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by phone or email, or stop by the store in Wayne sometime. Happy shopping!