For those liberal minds out there that always scream foul about individual rights especially now that the new Voter ID law in Pennsylvania is being debated in Harrisburg. I say:
- Where were my rights, when my tax dollars are being used to pay for those on government assistance when these people spend my hard-earned money at my corner McDonald's buying milkshakes and french fries instead of spending my money for what was intended–healthy foods for their children and families?
- Where were my rights when this government spends billions of dollars on government pork projects that in many cases result in nothing useful for the people of this country?
- Where were my rights when we, the taxpayers, pay farmers millions of dollars for not producing?
- Where were my rights when my tax dollars are spent to support the illegal aliens of this country in the form of government assistance and school tuition when our own children do not have the same right and privilege?
- Where were are my rights when each and every year millions of dollars are given to foreign countries in the form of economic and military aid and then have these same entities turn around and harm Americans?
- Where were my rights when my tax dollars are used to bailout corporations in this country to get them out of bankruptcy when they themselves caused the bankruptcy in the first place by their negligence and incompetence, and then pay company’s executives millions in bonuses for failing in the first place?
- Where were my rights when this government allows people of food stamps to use those same stamps to buy luxury items and other frivolous merchandise?
- Where were my rights when this government through unfair labor practices and high taxes causes jobs to go overseas where taxes are lower and the work environment is better?
- Where were my rights when people on government assistance can receive free medical visits and treatments including prescriptions drugs with a zero co-pay when I have to have a co-pay to receive the same benefits?
Yes, to those screaming liberals out there who always complain, I say, I did not vote for such waste in the system that I support with my tax dollars and neither was I represented when the fat cats made these oddball decisions. From where I am standing, it is taxation without representation.
Stop whining and do what is required as a citizen of this country and this state and if Pennsylvania wants you to get a proper ID to vote, get one! It is in the American spirit.