Invite a friend
Wayne Art Center's 'Craft Forms' Exhibit Now Open
Craft Forms is an international juried exhibition dedicated to enhancing the public’s awareness of fine contemporary craft while providing a venue for established and emerging artists alike to share their creative endeavors.
The Wayne Art Center’s Davenport Gallery and surrounding areas are completely transformed for the Craft Forms
Preview Party. Fine artists will be invited to display their paintings and drawings on the Wayne Art Center’s outer gallery hallways. Craft artwork will be showcased to view and purchase in the Gallery Shop. Demonstrations, lectures and studio tours are planned during the exhibitions.
In addition, the exhibition Body Language: Contemporary Art Jewelry will explore the various ways that jewelry
modifies and supplements the body to address a range of concerns, from the personal to the political. Curated by Suzanne Ramljak, Editor of Metalsmith magazine will run in conjunction with Craft Forms and be displayed in the Ethel
Sergeant Clark Smith Gallery.
This year’s goal is to raise $65,000 in support to fund Wayne Art Center’s exhibitions, artist awards, outreach and educational programs.
More About Wayne Art Center
The Wayne Art Center continues to grow as it has during the last five years and offers programming and exhibition for adults and children. Four sessions of classes and workshops are offered each year for sculpture, drawing, painting, ceramics, stained glass, jewelry, cooking and music instruction.
The Wayne Art Center also features two state of the art galleries that feature changing exhibitions of work by local, regional, national and international artists. The center runs a visual, culinary and performing arts summer camp with weekly day sessions for children ages 2 - 16 years old. Outreach programs are also offered including classes for brain injured and seniors. The gift shop is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Other events here
- Table & Tap: Al Fresco Thu, May 30, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Workshop: Portrait Painting Modeling Form/Features with Ellen Cooper May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 24, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:00 am–3:00 pm
- Guided Tour of the Gardens at Big Bend Wed, Jun 5, 10:30 am
- Plein Air Demo with Valerie Craig Thu, Jun 6, 5:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Private Garden Series 2013 Wed, Jun 12, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Plein Air Painting Lecture with Marilyn Bauman Wed, Jun 12, 1:00 pm
- Ekphrastic Plein Air Poetry Reading Sat, Jun 15, 3:00 pm
- Once Upon a Vegetable Wed, Jun 19, 11:15 am–12:00 pm
- Private Garden Series 2013 Tue, Jun 25, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Magician Erick Hershey: "Enchanted Treasure" Thu, Jun 27, 11:15 am–12:00 pm