1. The Radnor Township Board of Commissioners Open Space Committee will hold their next meeting on Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Powys Room of the Township Building, 301 Iven Avenue in Wayne. Portions of the meeting discussing real estate transactions will be held in Executive Session, according to the township.
2. Radnor Library will be hosting the American Red Cross in the Winsor Room from 1 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday. Appointments are preferred. To make an appointment, sign up online at www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: radnorlibrary.
3. Radnor High School's 9th Grade Student Orientation will take place Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m.
4. The Radnor School Board will hold a special board meeting on Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Ground Floor Conference Room of the Administration Building.
On Monday, August 26, 2013, the Pennsylvania Senate Education Committee will hold a hearing regarding revisions made by the State Board of Education to Chapter 4 regulations for academic standards and assessments. Specifically, the Committee is hearing testimony as it relates to provisions concerning the Keystone Exams. On Tuesday the Board will discuss the proposed testimony using as its foundation, the May 2009 Keystone Exam resolution passed by the RTSD School Board. Chuck Madden will provide this testimony at the August 26th hearing.
5. Learn more about weight loss surgery at a free information session featuring faculty from the Penn Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program from 7 to 9 p.m. at Penn Medicine Radnor, 250 King of Prussia Road in Radnor. Registration: This event is free but registration is required. To register or for more information, please visit http://www.pennmedicine.org/bariatrics-info-sessions-trumba or call 800-789-PENN.