"Five Things to Know Today" is a Radnor Patch feature published every day that provides a quick heads up on what's happening. Add what other things people might need to know in the comments section below
1. Pass It On Childrens' Consignment Sale will take place Saturday, August 27 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at in Wayne. The sale benefits the Salvation Army Family Residence, which offers emergency housing shelter for homeless families in the Philadelphia area. Contact Brooke Kees at email@example.com for more information or to consign.
2. Join author Martha Cooper Eischen for a talk and book signing of her work, Mothering Mother: A Daughter's Experience in Caregiving. The event will take place Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 7 p.m. at . Books will be available for purchase.
3. Attend a Mexican Cooking Workshop at tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. You will learn some basic Mexican recipes. A $2 materials donation is requested. Contact Molly Carroll at 610-687-1124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. has posted some back to school safety tips for students, parents and teachers.
5. A local organizer blogs about choosing an energy supplier. Read what she has to say here.