Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these local events.
St. David's Christmas Pageant
- When: Sunday, Dec. 23 at 11:15 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Where:St. David's Episcopal Church 763 South Valley Forge Road, Wayne
- Why Go: Don't miss this annual event, complete with many enthusiastic and talented children, as well as live animals! The pageant will be held at three times throughout the day, 11:15 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall.
- Cost: Free
- When: Monday, Dec. 24 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Playdrome Devon, 300 Lancaster Ave., Devon
- Why Go: Drop the kids off so they can have fun while you finish some last minute shopping, baking, wrapping etc. The kids will enjoy 4 hours of bowling and shoes, a slice of pizza and drink, laser light show, and fun music. This is for ages 5 - 17. Advanced registration required.
- Cost: $8.99 per child advanced registration. $11.99 at the door.
"Murray the Elf and the Case of the Missing Mistletoe"
- When: Friday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 22 at 2 p.m.; and Sunday, Dec. 23 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Act II Playhouse in Ambler
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for a Christmas play, written by Radnor resident Bill D'Agostino. Murray is a shopping mall elf, who is asked by Mrs. Claus to solve the case of the missing mistletoe. The audience helps Murray solve the case! The show is recommended for families with children ages five and up. The show begins with a sing-along and ends with a question and answer session.
- Cost: $8 for kids, $12 for adults, and $10 for Act II subscribers
Winter Solstice Celebration
- When: Friday, Dec. 21 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Why Go: The Lower Merion Conservancy and Riverbend Environmental Education Center host this community tradition. Celebrate the longest night of the year with family and friends around a blazing bonfire. Listen to stories, search the sky for distant constellations, take a short hike on darkened trails, and warm up with snacks. Dress warmly, bring a flashlight, and park at the top of Rolling Hill Park.
- Cost: Free
Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Wilson Vocal Academy and New Leaf have teamed up to host a Hurricane Sandy relief concert. Enjoy a night of holiday and inspirational music for a cause. The cafe will be open and serving festive food and drink!
- Cost: $10