Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
The Fall Harvest & Great Pumpkin Patch Event
- When: Sunday, Oct. 14 from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Where:The Willows Park & Estate
- Why Go: Enjoy autumn activities including pumpkin picking, hay wagon rides, a straw bale maze, early-American games, music, and demonstrations. This is a family event with traditional harvest activities, refreshments, and over 1,000 pumpkins!
- Cost: Free
2nd Annual Radnor Rocks for Radnor Educational Foundatiom (REF)
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Landmark Americana, 629 W Lancaster Ave
- Why Go: This musical benefit for the Radnor Educational Foundation features local Radnor talent Ethan Lee, a RHS student, jazz pianist and winner of the prestigious Greenfield Competition at 7 p.m. The Radnor High School Jazz Band will perform at 8 p.m. Social Action - Rock and Roll, Tim Fox and Tim Carney, Radnor parents at 9 p.m. Inferno - Debbie Keyser, Ithan Elementary teacher and Eric Schreiber, Radnor parent at 10 p.m. For more information, please visit their website.
- Cost: $25
The Saturday Club's Fall & Winter Consignment Sale
- When: Friday, Oct. 12 from 5-9pm and Saturday, Oct. 13 from 8am-12pm.
- Where: 117 W Wayne Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: The public is invited to join Saturday Club members and friends to shop new and gently used women, teens, toddlers, and baby items. Friday is preview day and there is a $10 admission fee. Saturday is free and from 11:10 - noon there is a half-off sale.
- Cost: $10 admission on Friday
Radnor Fire Company Open House & Fire Prevention Show
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13, from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Radnor Fire Company
- Why Go: Come tour the Radnor Fire Company, fire trucks, and ambulances. Weather permitting there will be a medical helicopter on-site to view. There will be sprinkler and stove fire demonstrations, fire hose training for kids, small fire extinguisher trainging, and more. Dinner will be available for purchase sponsored by Whole Foods.
- Cost: Free *$5 for dinner platter
2nd Annual Ceramics Pig Roast Fundraiser
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13, from 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: The Ceramic Studio at the Wayne Art Center
- Why Go: Bring the family and enjoy live music, pottery demonstrations, tie-dye shirts, face painting, food and more.
- Cost:Adult tickets $25.00, and include food and 1 drink ticket. Kids 12 and under $15, and includes hot dog, salad & soda. $8.00 for hand made ice cream in a one-of-a-kind ceramic bowl.
Family Play it Safe Day
- When: Saturday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Why Go: Celebrate family safety and good health at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Besides tours of the Pediatric Emergency Department and Nemours ambulance, there will be fun activities for kids as well, such as face painting, wii station, healthy refreshments, virtual concussion experience, drinking & driving booth for teens and bike, poison and home fire safety tips.
- Cost: Free