Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Oct. 26 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: 301 Iven Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: Join Radnor Township for this safe alternative to Trick or Treating. Children and families are invited to visit the Radnor Township Municipal Building to Trick or Treat through the building. This event is for children ages 5 and under. Children are encouraged to come dressed in a costume and be accompanied by an adult.
- Cost: Free
Club La Maison Fall Festival
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 9 a.m.
- Where: Club La Maison 215 Sugartown Rd, Wayne
- Why Go: Come out for a day of free fitness and fun for the whole family. Moon bounce, free swimming lessons, dance classes, Zumba for kids, face painting, and Halloween games will be offered throughout the day. Free group exercise classes and small group training sessions. Food and refreshments will be served. Check out the website for details and to sign up for these free classes. Kids are encouraged to come in costume.
- Cost: Free
Mystery Dinner Theatre & Masquerade
This event has been rescheduled to January, 2013.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m.
- Where: 490 Darby Paoli Rd, Radnor
- Why Go: The Radnor Recreation & Community Programming Department presents their first mystery dinner theater party. Come and enjoy the professional Murder Mystery Production "Greased!", along with a delicious full course dinner experience catered by The Capital Grille, King of Prussia. The show includes crowd interaction, opportunities for the audience to solve the mystery, and win prizes.
- Cost: $110 per couple / $70 per individual
35th Annual Penn Medicine Radnor Run
- When: Sunday, Oct. 28 at 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Radnor Township Municipal Building 301 Iven Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: This 5-Mile USA Track & Field sanctioned and certified timed road race through scenic Radnor Township attracts runners from around the area for this fun & festive annual race. The event also includes a 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk for all ages, as well as a Health Fair hosted by Penn Medicine. Bring the whole family for fun fall festivities! All proceeds from the event benefit the American Lung Association in PA.
- Cost: $15 for walker; $30 for 5 mile runner
- When: October 23-26 at 8 p.m., October 27 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Why Go: This is your last chance to find out what a shoe salesman, diamond thieves, and Monte Carlo have in common because it's the last weekend the comedy Lucky Stiff will be showing. Come see this hilarious show before it's gone for good.
- Cost: Students at the door - $7, Adults - $10
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Where: 413 Maplewood Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: Join the Wayne Art Center instructors for an afternoon of Holiday and Fall themed arts & crafts fun. Each activity takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, and activities are available for ages 3 & up. The crafts include a decoupage frame, harvest wreath, a Native American medicine bag, a vintage paper bag pumpkin, festive candy necklaces and an icy fall treat. Please see the Wayne Art Center's website for complete details.
- Cost: $6/ activity or $20 for the Autumn Craft 5-Pack
The Amazing Race 5K Run/Walk
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Radnor Middle School
- Why Go: Register between 7 - 8:15 a.m. for this scenic run through south Wayne, starting and ending at Radnor Middle School. Proceeds from the race will be used by Wayne United Methodist Church to support our various programs involving worship, education, and outreach.
- Cost: $25 day of race