Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these local events.
Parent's Night Out
- When: Friday, Feb. 15 from 6 - 9 p.m.
- Where:Philadelphia Sports Clubs 555 E Lancaster Ave, Radnor
- Why Go: Drop the kids off at the Philadelphia Sports Club and enjoy a night out on the town. The kids will be kept entertained with a full schedule of fitness activities, crafts and games. Ages 3 -10.
- Cost: $25 for members/ $30 nonmembers
- When: February 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 at 8 p.m., Matinees on 2/16 and 2.23 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Villanova University, St. Mary's Auditorium
- Why Go: Enjoy a hilarious night of comedy in this popular musical by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan.
- Cost: Adults $10, Students at door $7
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Palace Mission, 1622 Spring Mill Road, Gladwyne
- Why Go: Mother Divine leads a peaceful stroll across the rolling hills surrounding Woodmont, the home of Palace Mission, the 1892 mansion of steel magnate Alan Wood, Jr. The building is a certified National Landmark and member of the Conservancy’s Architectural Hall of Fame. Claimed as the highest spot in the county, this historic property provides participants with stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Sorry, but unfortunately no dogs are allowed on this trek! Ages 8+
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Bring the kids out for a Saturday Kid Matinee at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute. This week they will show Heidi with Shirley Temple.
- Cost: $4 kids, $5 adults
ETTY: A Touring One Woman Show
- When: Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Villanova University 800 E Lancaster Ave, Villanova
- Why Go: Villanova University Campus Ministry presents a performance by Susan Stein of ETTY, a one woman play on Etty Hillesum. This one hour production features the bravery of a young, Dutch Jewish woman coping with the tragic events that led up to the Holocaust, an event that took her life. The performance will be held in St. Mary’s Chapel on Villanova University’s campus.