Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Villanova Theatre Presents: The Drowsy Chaperone
- When: Friday, Nov. 9 and Saturday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 11 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Villanova University 800 E Lancaster Ave, Villanova
- Why Go: Villanova University presents the darling of the 2006 Tony Awards, a hilarious show-within-a-show begins when a die-hard musical theatre fan puts on his favorite record – the cast album of the (fictional) 1920s musical The Drowsy Chaperone. From the scratchy crackle of his phonograph, a madcap musical magically bursts to life, transforming his humble apartment into a dazzling world of song, dance and comic ingenuity. Deft, original, and seriously side-splitting.
- Cost: $25
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Wayne Presbyterian Church 125 E Lancaster Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: Start your holiday shopping early! Choose from jewelry, antiques, decorations and more, featuring a variety of distinctive local vendors. Take home delicious baked goods and jams. Proceeds from the Christmas Marketplace will go to help those in need.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10 from 10am – 4pm & 6pm - 8pm
- Where: Our Lady of the Assumption Church, 35 Old Eagle School Road, Strafford
- Why Go: Shop handmade items, gifts, religious items, jewelry, gift baskets and more. New this year is the Children's Corner. Santa will be visiting between 10 - Noon. Enjoy a white elephant table, homemade soups, hotdogs, meatball, sausage and pepper sandwiches, baked goods and more.
Global Holiday Gala
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m.
- Where: The Saturday Club, 117 W Wayne Ave, Wayne
- Why Go: Ray of Hope International presents a benefit dinner dedicated to our India program bringing healthcare and education to underpriveleged children. Come enjoy this multicultural event with entertainment (Indian, Chinese and West African dance), international food, open bar, shopping and more.
- Cost:$50 per person/$90 couple
- When: Friday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Tredyffrin-Easttown Middle School 801 Conestoga Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: DELTA, a non-profit organization of Cultural Arts/PTO representatives from various public, parochial and indepentent schools in Treddyfrin/Easttown, Radnor and Great Valley present AUDIO BODY. Physical Comedy and Music Entertainment - A hap-hazard adventure of sibling rivalry, technological mishaps, relentless comedy, full-body contortion, juggling, LED light show & upbeat music!
- Cost: $10 at door. Discounts on-line.
Bilbo's Big Bash: An Unexpected Party
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Radnor Memorial Library
- Why Go: Celebrate the upcoming release of The Hobbit on the big screen with a Hobbit-themed party! All ages are welcome.
- Cost: Free, Registration Required: 610-687-1124 x41