Villanova University sophomore Kinara Patel, who was found dead in a dorm room in August, died from alcohol poisoning, reports the Delaware County Medical Examiner.
According to Philly.com, the Medical Examiner's office released the finding Sunday after reviewing an autopsy and toxicology test.
“To lose someone this young is devastating,” Liz Walsh, Associate Vice President of University Communications, said during a press conference August 30. “She was an important member of our community.” Patel was 18 and from Northern New Jersey. Walsh said she did not have details of her involvement on campus.
Police said Patel was out the night before her death in Bryn Mawr, but had no other details at the time.
There was a gathering at St. Thomas of Villanova Church the night after her death “to try and support one another. We’re trying to gather the community together and offer prayers and support to her family,” Walsh said.