On Monday, Jan. 21, much of the country dedicates its day to honoring the late civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr. While many people do not get the day as a holiday, some institutions are closed in observance.
The federal holiday marks the birthday of King and is observed on the third Monday of January each year. Read about the history of the holiday, and some peoples' reluctance to observe it, on Wikipedia.
- The day is a U.S. Postal Holiday, and all U.S. post offices are closed for business.
- Radnor Township will be closed.
- All Radnor Township School District schools are closed, but students volunteer their free time to serve others.
- PA Wine & Spirits Stores, including those in Wayne and Villanova, will be closed.
- Delaware County Government Offices & Courts will be closed.
- PennDOT Driver License & Photo Centers will be closed.
- Banks and the stock market will be closed.
- Xilantro restaurant in Wayne will be closed for dinner (open for lunch).
Did we miss anything? Add it by commenting below.