After the closure of L.K. Burket in 2005, Adelberger's Florist became Wayne's oldest business. Their operation began in 1888 (a year after Burket's opened), during a time when Wayne was in the midst of its first major development.During that time North Wayne was about halfway built, and South Wayne had relatively few homes.
Adelberger's was built at a prominent crossroads of the day, Conestoga and West Wayne Avenues, where it remains today and is likely where this early photograph was taken. A developer is planning to erect townhouses on the property while retaining the commerical building there.
- Greg Prichard, Radnor Historical Society