Today we continue our series of highlights from the George W. Schultz photo album. Schultz documented many scenes of early Wayne and St. Davids.
The old Wayne Public School building, shown in in its original configuration, was enlarged in the 1890s. Architect David Knickerbacker Boyd provided the plans (now housed at the Athenæum of Philadelphia) for the enlargement, which added rooms to the second floor. The school would be enlarged again later on, and would remain on the site until the 1920s when a huge brick school was built on the same spot. This 1923 building later became and was demolished in 2007.
- Greg Prichard,