Columbus Day remembers Italian explorer Christopher Columbus’ long journey across the Atlantic Ocean to the “New World." The voyage was victorious when land was first spotted on Oct. 12, 1492.
Because of the holiday, several local offices and banks will be closed for Columbus Day on Monday.
What's open on Columbus Day?
Check out the list below to see what's closed on this Columbus Day.
- Government offices–Radnor Township's municipal building will remain open on Monday, but the Delaware County offices and court house will be closed. Radnor's Board of Commissioners meeting will take place Monday at 7 p.m.
- Banks–Many banks in the area will be closed for the day.
- Post offices–All post offices will be closed in observance of the holiday.
- Transportation–SEPTA will operate on a normal schedule.
- PennDOT's driver license and photo centers will be closed Saturday, October 6 through Monday, October 8 in observance of Columbus Day.
- Agnes Irwin School is closed.
Do you have or know of a business or service that is open or closed on Monday? Tell us in the comments below.