The following letter was sent to Radnor Patch by the Radnor Democratic School Board slate:
This school board election is about maintaining the quality of our schools and preparing our children for a more competitive work environment. It is a critical juncture for our community because there is a clear philosophical difference between the slates of candidates for school board.
Incumbents, Lydia Solomon and Rob Armstrong, along with their like-minded running mates Bruce Lenthall and Susan Stern, are prepared to work tirelessly to maintain excellent schools and programming, while being fiscally responsible and respectful of the taxpayers.
· Focus on the importance of keeping low class sizes and maintaining current educational programming
· Be respectful of the cost of education to the taxpayers and look for cost savings
· Thoughtfully prepare all students for the future
· Implement full-day Kindergarten
· Integrity, accountability and openness
· Kept the low class sizes within the guidelines in all the Radnor schools and maintained all educational programming despite the economic downturn and the severe budget cuts at the state and federal level that have crippled many school districts
· Delivered the lowest four yearly tax increases in a generation in Radnor, including a tax decrease this year (for the first time in history)
· Implemented progressive educational programming to help teachers and administrators meet the demands of state standards and local expectations
· Plans are well underway to begin full-day Kindergarten for all Radnor students in September 2014
· Increased public comment opportunities at business meetings and expanded committee meeting times to accommodate the opportunity for listening to the views of all stake holders.
The above list of achievements has already been implemented, for the betterment of the Radnor community. However, the work is not finished. We ask for your support to ensure our whole team is elected. With our slate’s commitment to fiscal discipline and getting the best educational outcome for all students, our community wins.
For Rob and Lydia, it has been an honor to serve the community and we are honored to have your trust to continue the good work. Susan and Bruce are committed to the same values and ask for your support.
Lydia Solomon, Incumbent
Rob Armstrong, Incumbent