One of the most popular photographs posted to "From the Archives" was this view of North Wayne Avenue as seen from the roof of the then two-year-old Anthony Wayne Theatre in 1930. The photographer, supposedly a projectionist at the movie house, took a second photo that day, this one looking south.
In the foreground at the right is the back of the theater's facade "shell," and on the left is the top story of the store building that once stood on the corner of Lancaster and Wayne Avenues, currently the location of Wayne Jewelers. Visible in the distance is the only known depiction of the construction of the "new" Wayne Title & Trust Company building at the southwest corner of the intersection. The imposing limestone building we all recognize today was nothing more than a few steel beams when this picture was snapped.
- Greg Prichard, Radnor Historical Society
This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.