For the past few weeks we have been seeing various buildings designed by David Knickerbacker Boyd in Radnor Township.
Though he had many prominent designs built in Wayne, there is no doubt that his crowning architectural achievement was the Walton estate, called "Walmarthon," in St. Davids. Resembling an old estate on the Mediterranean, Walmarthon consisted of several buildings designed to complement each other.
All of the buildings, minus the ca. 1912 log cabin, remain today as part of the campus of Eastern University. The building pictured, the main house, was built above one of the estate's man-made lakes. It now serves the university as Walton Hall.
- Greg Prichard,