Radnor Library provides free access to books and hosts programs for all ages throughout the year. Did you know that we offer many other services as well? We are shocked to find that many people do not know the following:
- As of January 2013, we are supplementing the free downloadable e-books collection from Delaware County Library System with titles that can be downloaded by Radnor residents only. As a Radnor resident, you don’t have to do anything different. Just click on the Download Ebooks and audio books logo at www.radnorlibrary.org and make your selection.
- You can borrow DVDs for $1! Rental periods range from three days for new movies to one week for older titles. For all of you movie nuts, the library has a 2 for 1 DVD special every Wednesday.
- The Friends of the Radnor Library accept book donations all year. Not only are books accepted, but also DVDs, videos, CDs, LPs, and games! For donation policies, please click here.
- New to the Internet? We offer 1-on-1 basic Internet classes. Call the Information Desk to schedule an appointment.
- We offer test proctoring services for free to township residents. Call the Information Desk at
610-687-1124 x3 for more details.
- Are your grandchildren visiting for the weekend? Stop by and pick up a Grandkit! Grandkits are themed kits that help families enjoy books together through hands-on fun. Each kit comes in a large canvas bag containing books, puppets, games, toys, and activity ideas for children ages 3-11. Themes available at Radnor Library include: Nutrition, Safety, Transportation, Bugs, Visual Arts, Kitchen Chemistry, Visiting the Doctor, Dance & Movement, and Sports. Grandkits can be borrowed for three weeks at a time. Ask at the Children's Information Desk to find out more.
- ¿Habla español? We have a GLOBAL collection featuring popular and classic adult and children’s books in Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and French. We also offer feature length films in foreign languages.
- We have back issues of magazines available to check out. Just flip up the shelf behind the current issue and pick one out! Magazines check out for three weeks.
- We are one of the only libraries in the area that has a special collection of books dedicated to Pennsylvania history. We also offer an Oral History collection with interviews recorded in the 1980s with over 70 longtime Radnor residents, including Hope Montgomery Scott and Adolf Rosengarten.
- We are on Facebook! For up to the minute information about library programs, closings, and more, you can like us on Facebook HERE.
Let us know! Did you know all of these collections and services were available to you?