On Friday Dec. 14, Radnor Police responded to the Wayne Business area for various calls about thefts taking place from people's wallets and local buildings while retail stores were open for business.
Two men, who police said walked around various stores, also walked into the rear work areas of the stores that are not open to the public. One of the places targeted was Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza.
The men were about 5'09", one was wearing a "jeff cap", carrying a bag. The other man was seen carrying newspapers. Police urge shoppers and store employees to call 911 if you observe suspicious and criminal behavior.
Safe shopping tips from Radnor Police:
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Always carry your Drivers License or Identification Card along with necessary cash, checks and/or a credit card you expect to use. Only carry the essential items that you will need to make your purchases.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Keep cash in your front pocket.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, "con-artists" may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
- When shopping at local malls or retail outlets park in well illuminated areas. Packages should be locked in the trunk of you vehicle out of site. Do not leave valuables in your vehicle and always lock your vehicle when unattended.